The service is provided by both Evolutio and HealthHarmonie; Evolutio provide clinical triage and HealthHarmonie providing clinical services.
CCGs are increasingly implementing threshold policies and prior approval / independent funding request (IFR) pathways for particular conditions to ensure finite resources are managed to provide the population with as wide a range of healthcare interventions and to prioritise resource allocation based on evidence of the clinical effectiveness and safety of treatments, their cost effectiveness and affordability, and on which interventions provide the best health outcomes.
Where Evolutio run a referral refinement service, we are tasked with policing these policies. If a referral is outside of threshold or is not sent with an accompanying prior approval form / IFR where required by the CCG we will have to unfortunately return the referral to you.
Required (1st eye)
- VA 6/12 or worse in the worst eye
- Occupation in which good visual acuity is essential
- PSC/cortical with glare and reduced VA when bright
- Binocular vision below the DVLA standard for driving / significant glare when driving
- Field defects due to cataract
- Glaucoma requiring cataract op to control IOP
- Diabetics requiring good fundus view
Required (2ND eye)
- VA worse than 6/24 in the 2nd eye
- First eye worse than 6/9
- Occupational requirements
- Night driving issues