At Evolutio Care Innovations Limited, we value the trust of our customers and patients. To earn your trust, we respect your privacy in handling personally-identifiable information relating to you and your interactions with us. This Privacy Statement describes the personally identifiable information we gather about you, what we do with it, the safeguards we have in place to protect it, and how you can control our use of it.
Evolutio Care Innovations Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15/02/2019
What personally identifiable information does Evolutio Care Innovations Limited request?
We collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to us when you make a complete an application, give us a telephone call or send us a letter or e-mail. We may also collect it from other sources where it is lawful to do so, including but not limited to, the NHS or other health care providers, institutions or individuals you have authorised to provide information on your behalf (eg parents or guardians), third party service providers, government, law enforcement agencies, and other third parties.
This personally identifiable information may include:
- your name
- e-mail address
- telephone number
- postal address
- your relevant health details including:
- current and past eye conditions, general health condition and spectacles or contact lens;
- current medication details; and
- correspondence between optometrist and your GP/ophthalmologist
- your examination and test results
- details of any prescription supplied to you by your healthcare professional or medical practitioner
- information that you provide by filling in forms on this website
- other optional demographic information.
You may browse our web site without supplying any personally identifiable information, but we will need to collect personally identifiable information to process any medical requests you make.
How does Evolutio Care Innovations Limited use personally identifiable information about me?
The personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to us will be used to provide any relevant eyecare treatment, and may be used to identify you within our systems. We may use your email address to contact you if we have any updates to your referral or eye care.
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact us through an online form on this website you may be providing us with personal information, including information outlined above. This may include medical information, where volunteered by you.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Eye care referral processing and any subsequent treatment, including any changes to our services and products;
- Appointment information (times/dates, locations and reminders);
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to improve our services and customise the website according to your interests;
- To establish and fulfil a contract with you, for example, if you enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you and providing customer services or other provision of products or services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- Responding to queries from you;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation;
- if you provide a credit or debit card, we may also use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud, in accordance with our legitimate interests and those of third parties
In order to provide you with the products and services described above, we hold copies of your personal information at Evolutio Care Innovations Limited.
With whom might Evolutio Care Innovations Limited share personally identifiable information about me?
We will not disclose personally identifiable information about you to others except as disclosed in this Privacy Statement or as specifically authorised by you at the time the information is collected. We contract with third parties to provide specific products or services to you.
We may, where required, disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Disclose personal information to the NHS and other health care providers, including NHS health authorities, NHS providers and subcontracted care providers delivering eye care on behalf of Evolutio Care Innovations Limited
- Where external agencies, including the police and other law enforcement agencies, for the prevention and detection of criminal activity.
- Where the company and its assets are acquired by a third party, patient personal information held by us will be transferred as one of the assets.
These service providers are provided with only the information that they need to perform their functions and are not permitted to use or disclose your personally identifiable information for other purposes without your authorisation.
How long will Evolutio Care Innovations Limited keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal data for any purpose longer than necessary to fulfil the original or a compatible purpose. In some instances, we are required to retain certain information by law and for as long as reasonably necessary to meet regulatory or accreditation requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions. Where this is the case, your personal data will only be processed for the relevant legitimate purpose and not used for marketing.
Where you are a patient, we will keep your personal data for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us and after that for a period of up to 7 years.
Where you are a prospective customer or patient and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will only retain your personal data for this purpose (a) until you unsubscribe from our communications; or, if you have not unsubscribed, (b) while you interact with us and our content; or (c) for 2 years from when you last interacted with us or our content.
In the case of any contact you may have with our customer or patient services team, we will retain your details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for two weeks after the query is closed.
We may retain your personal data for a time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal data, we dispose of it securely according to our Information Retention Policy.
What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
Where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine readable format.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; (c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it; or (d) if we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How do I access my data or make a complaint?
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. This information will be provided free unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive then a small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Evolutio Care Innovations Limited
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, about the processing of your personal data or you wish to exercise your rights you can contact our Data Protection Office using this email address: DPO@evolutio-uk.com
If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/